Old 06-10-10, 02:40 AM   #1
Newcomer
Default [Wii]Samurai Warriors 3 problem

Hi guys
I have a problem with SW3.
when i start the game and select a new game the game crash and all i can see is a black screen.
Anyone the same problem?I've got the Pal version of the game and wii 4.2 firmware,cios rev19, and tried with usb loader GX.

Someone say that the PAL iso is not good and must wait for a good one.I will try the jap version anyway.
Someone can help?Thanks a lot
And sorry for my bad english. :)
Old 06-11-10, 02:36 AM   #2
preparing a disaster

Default Re: [Wii]Samurai Warriors 3 problem

Which settings did you try?
Do you have a pal wii?
which USB GX version?
Is the game the PROPER version?
if so try to set video options: force 50Hz
Keynote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 11:59 AM   #3
Newcomer

I would like to add some addition information here as I too am looking for a solution.

I downloaded the zero release.
What we are looking to do is run this game on a NTSC standard def TV with the standard component cables that come with the Wii.

Here is what we HAVE gotten working:
Configurable USB Loader:
cIOS 223
002 error patch on
Force PAL50

The game loads here, but it loads black and white and maybe the best way to describe it is "rolling" or "garbled" on the screen. Another way to put it is "unplayable."
Forcing the region to NTSC in cUSBLoader produces the same results except that it is now in colour.

The same settings were used in USB Loader GX and produced the same results.

Both loaders are up to date and all other Wii games work (ie. Monster Hunter Tri, New Super Mario Bros Wii (2), Super Mario Galaxy 2, etc).

I also tried to physically patch the .iso with various patchers with no results.

I should also note that all other PAL games that I have tried work fine when using "Force NTSC" on my Wii.

Thanks in advance,
Drewsus
drewsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-10, 10:11 AM   #4
Newcomer

hi guys

all ok
i've dowloaded it again and both jap and pal version works fine.
i only set 002 error fix on and the game runs very well with ios 222 with hackwii flow.
maybe was only a bad iso that i downloaded.

thanks to for help guys
killyfts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-10, 11:59 AM   #5
Newcomer

Quote: Originally Posted by killyfts View Post
hi guys

all ok
i've dowloaded it again and both jap and pal version works fine.
i only set 002 error fix on and the game runs very well with ios 222 with hackwii flow.
maybe was only a bad iso that i downloaded.

thanks to for help guys
Okay but does it work on an NTSC TV? With component (yellow, red, white) cables? Or are you using an HDTV with composite cables and force PAL50 mode?
Old 06-13-10, 02:44 AM   #6
Newcomer

i'm using an hdtv with composite cables and i don't force PAL50.
i use the default options with 002 errorfix on. only this for both version (jap or pal) and the game works fine.
i've donwloaded the two verions from links on this forum.this two version works.
i've downloaded before a PAL version from aother website and didn't work.
Which version do you have?
Or is this only a TV problem?
killyfts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 08:38 AM   #7
Newcomer

I am beginning to believe that the solution is an HDTV and composite cables. That is what everyone who has gotten it working has said (unless they have a PAL TV then of course it will just work normally).
I have the Zero release and I know that my copy works. I just need the HDTV and composite cables which I am sure you can agree is a bit of a pricey solution haha. Some day, but surely not before this game gets its NTSC-U release in the fall.
I was just very hopeful that it would work by doing Force NTSC as it has with other PAL games in the past, but I suspect that it has something to do with the game being a dual layer DVD game.
The only way I can confirm this is to download a PAL version of a game like Smash Bros Brawl, but I don't want to waste my bandwidth just to confirm what I am pretty confident is already the truth.

Drew
Old 03-26-11, 09:28 PM   #8
Newcomer
What does it mean "Zero release"?
Inferno777 is offline   Reply With Quote