> >

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-09, 05:41 PM   #1
Newcomer
Default Is jdownloader a safe and good program?

I haven't installed it yet, I'm asking cause I googled it and someone said its a virus and doesn't work with rapidshare anymore. Could please let me know this true or not. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-21-09, 05:58 PM   #2
Elder

Default Re: Is jdownloader a safe and good program?

Depends. It's not a virus that's for sure. Make sure u download it from their legit website and not from sum random link. I had it before and it stopped working for my RS accounts. So I switched to IDM which I found here at Tehparadox. I have to say both are really good. I think RS blocked jdownloader for me cause I couldn't use my accounts. Sum people say that it works for them. Try it and see if it works for u. If not, give IDM a go. Both are highly recommended. Peace!!!!!

P.S.: Try to use the search function, I think there's a thread about this already.

Last edited by mexprettyboy13; 03-21-09 at 06:00 PM.
mexprettyboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-09, 03:03 AM   #3
The Legendary

JDownloader is definitely not a virus.

I never encountered a problem, and

got even better speeds when downloading,

as with opera or firefox. You may load

a lot of files at once, so it will help a lot.
csabaryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-09, 02:27 PM   #4
Apprentice

Yeah, someone recommended Jdowndload to me too to more quickly get these multiple rar files from rapidshare...However, I'm apparently too much of a noob to figure out how to use it...Someone mentioned IDM too...Is there a tutorial or something here to figure it out?...Thanks
FCBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-09, 03:40 PM   #5
Newcomer

In my opinion, jdownloader is a great tool, even more when you use dlc's and definitly is not a virus or at least I have not had any problems.
pepepecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-09, 07:54 PM   #6
Expert

JDownloader is pretty user-friendly and straight forward, at least when compared to CryptLoad. If you're not using premium account, then JDownloader will be a good choice.
hsyeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-09, 08:49 PM   #7
Apprentice

jdownloader is great, i've been using it for about a year with no major problems.
kenrippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 03:29 PM   #8
Newcomer

Thanks guys and the reason I'm wanting to use jd is because I got some links that are dlcs.

Last edited by Hador; 03-23-09 at 03:37 PM. Reason: grammer
Hador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 04:54 PM   #9
Elite

Is jdownloader a safe and good program?
Yes...
Xami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 08:09 PM   #10
Master

I use jdownloader for mult link files in all the download services, RS, Netload, and MU, even megashares as a free user. It is now my first choice for the past 4 or 5 months making IDM my second choice which is only used for browser integrated single link downloads.

perfectly safe for me.
pinbwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 09:16 PM   #11
Newcomer

If you get jdownloader from the source it is a great program. It makes dealing with archives/links much MUCH easier.

Have you ever found some downloaded files and asked yourself "what was the password?". Since it has a place to enter it, and extracts the files for you it eliminates that problem.

The only thing I HATE about it is that as a java program, network requests go through the javaw.exe executable - I can't set it up so jdownloader alone has access to the network - all java apps will have it... It is an all or nothing thing.

As a programmer, let me just say that I hate java. I admire the idea and the potential, but I hate java.
bearfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-09, 07:09 PM   #12
Novice

call me paranoid, but i wonder why would anyone put so much effort into creating (and updating REGULARLY) such a program for free?? there HAS TO BE a catch. Think about it...

one thing that troubles me is its AUTO-UPDATE feature -- it downloads new pieces of itself and installs them -- your anti-virus will alert that JD changes regularly. AND its not truly open source, contrary to their claims. What do they have to hide?

what i did is made its files read-only (so it cant update itself and download any viruses), as well as run jdownloader as underpriveleged account/user, so that even if it IS a trojan horse, it wont be able to get its hands on anything confidential, except the files it downloaded, lol.
diesel_vr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 08:40 AM   #13
Newcomer

I'm just about to install it now. I hope its good.
sean777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 02:40 PM   #14
Newcomer

I've been using this app for a number of months and it is truly fantastic.

As a free user - primarily because there are so many hosters now days - this app has freed up hours of time. Where I used to be running back and forth for multipart files, or using proxies, I can now just load a pile of links, head off to work or bed, and when I come back it's done.

In regards to the frequency of updates, the hosters are continually updating - changing CAPTCHA styles, interfaces etc. The updates keep these working.

The latest version - 0.7xxx - is much faster and they have improved the interface IMO. It's still Java, but is less resource intensive.

The program also bypasses the megashares limit, which is an added bonus.

As for why it's free - there are still some good programs out there, but I suspect one day this one will come with a price tag as well.

So enjoy it while you can!
AlaFan is offline   Reply With Quote